Raspberry Daiquiris are a fun twist on the typical strawberry daiquiri cocktail. It's more tart and bright tasting and tastes amazing mixed with the lime juice. You can make this drink virgin by adding water or replace it with rum for a stronger cocktail.
This recipe makes one large cocktail because let's face it, that's how we all like it. It can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a larger crowd. You can serve smaller drinks if you are serving a larger group! If you don't like the raspberry seeds in this cocktail, you can strain the berries and then freeze the juice. It's more work, but you won't be picking the seeds out of your teeth for days! If you can find raspberry puree, you can also freeze that and use it in this drink. For a non-frozen cocktail, simply use the rum, lime juice, raspberry puree, and sugar. Shake the mixture with ice and serve in a chilled glass. This is the original way to serve a daiquiri and looks super sophisticated compared to its frozen counterpart.
You can serve a carafe of daiquiris with different fruit juices for a breakfast bar or shower. Try mango, strawberry, blackberry, or peach. Frozen peaches work amazingly well in the blender and have no seeds to worry about.
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of raspberries (frozen)
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup of water (replace with rum if you are making it for adults)
- 1/4 cup of sugar (can be replaced with another sweetener like honey)
- Garnish: raspberries or lime wedges
- Garnish: extra sugar and lime zest for the rims of the glasses
- Add the ice, raspberries, lime juice, water, and sugar to a blender. A blender suited for smoothies works the best.
- Blend on the highest setting or use a smoothie setting until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Before pouring the daiquiri into a glass, wipe the rim with a lime wedge. Dip the rim of the glass into a sugar and lime zest mixture. It makes for a pretty presentation that will impress any guest.
- Fill the sugared rim glass with the blended daiquiri.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|