This is truly a spur-of-the-moment-cake, and it's so quick and easy to bake in the microwave oven. Besides the ease of preparation and baking, the cakes are egg and dairy-free!
It's a simple wacky cake baked in a mug in the microwave. It just doesn't get easier, and it takes just 5 to 7 minutes to mix and cook!
Top the mug cakes with ice cream, whipped topping, or your favorite dessert sauce. They would also be delicious sprinkled with sifted powdered sugar.
Vanilla Crazy Cake Recipe With Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 3 1/4 ounces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or other neutral, flavorless oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Spray 4 medium to large mugs (microwave safe) with baking spray or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Make 3 wells in the center of the dry mixture. Pour vanilla in one well, vinegar in another well, and vegetable oil in the third well (it might overflow the well, that's okay). Pour the cold water over all and mix until well blended.
- Put about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter in each prepared mug. They should be about 1/3 to 1/2 full. The batter will rise while cooking.
- Microwave on HIGH power for about 1 minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 40 seconds (more or less, microwave power varies). A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dessert sauce, whipped topping, powdered sugar, cake glaze, or frosting.
Makes 4 scrumptious single-serve chocolate cakes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|