- 3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1/3 cup vinegar (red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- Fry the bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the bacon drippings, sugar, vinegar, water, cornstarch, and a dash of salt. Whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thickened.
- Drizzle warm dressing over a spinach salad or other greens; sprinkle with bacon.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|