|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Wassail drink mix is a simple combination of ingredients you can add to a liquid to make a delicious and warming drink for the holidays. Keep it on hand to add to cider, apple juice, or pear nectar. Simply heat up the beverage and add this spice mix to taste.
This mix also makes a great holiday gift. Put it in a pretty little jar, label with the mix name and the date it was made, and wrap it with a pretty ribbon. Write the directions for using the mix on the label. Give all on its own, or make a gift basket with some nice mugs, a tea strainer, pretty spoons, and other drink and beverage mixes such as white hot chocolate mix.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and dried orange peel and mix well.
To use, stir a spoonful into a cup of hot apple juice or apple cider. You could also stir it into cranberry juice cocktail, tea, or red wine.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store the mix in a small airtight glass or plastic container.
- You can increase the ingredients, keeping the same proportions, to package and gift as gifts. And add other spices if you'd like, including ground ginger and cardamom. Experiment until you find a combination you like best.
- You can change this recipe any way you'd like. Use brown sugar instead of white, or alter some of the spices.