- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons herbed butter (softened, or softened plain butter)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or mayonnaise alternative)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup watercress (fresh, chopped)
- Optional: fresh, chopped parsley, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs, rinsing with cold water when they are done.
- While the eggs are still warm, peel them and mash them with the butter and using a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir the mayonnaise and spices into the egg mixture.
- Spread the egg salad onto two slices of bread.
- Add the watercress (and, optionally, the parsley).
- Top the watercress with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|