This quick, easy, and raw recipe for a watermelon smoothie is a fantastic detoxifier rich in lycopene and beta-carotene. Ideally, choose the watermelon with black seeds, which are mineral rich and contain ample amounts of zinc and selenium.
- 2 cups of chopped watermelon
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Consuming a “watermelon diet” for a few days can relieve the liver and kidneys of toxic burden and flush waste from our bodies.
- Watermelon is cooling for an overheated body or during very hot weather.
- Mint is a powerful antioxidant and blood cleanser.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|