|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 65g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||67%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
|Vitamin C 356mg||1,781%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Popular lemon drops shots are the perfect combination of tart and sweet. The cold vodka and tangy-sweet lemon wedges balance out each other's strong flavors and make for a fun shot to drink. One popular way to make lemon drop shots is similar to tequila shots; because it is more about the process and less about mixing the ingredients.
Delicious but potent, this shot is easy to make, and we provide variations for you to try so you can choose whichever you like the best.
1 1/2 ounces chilled vodka
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the vodka into a shot glass.
Coat a lemon wedge with sugar.
Drink the shot of vodka. Follow that immediately with a bite of the sugary lemon. Enjoy.
Chilled vodka will make the shot go down a bit easier. Place the bottle in the freezer for an hour or two or shake a shot with ice and strain it into the shot glass. Shaking will dilute it slightly, but it is not enough to make a difference when it's a shot of straight alcohol.
- Lemon drop with sugar rim: Rim the edge of a shot glass with lemon juice and dip it into sugar. Shake off any loose sugar. Fill the glass with chilled vodka. Drink the shot and quickly bite into a slice of lemon. Prepare an entire party's worth of shot glasses in advance so that all you have to do is pour the vodka.
- Lemon drop with sugar cube: Place a sugar cube into a shot glass. Shake 3/4-ounce each of vodka and lemon juice with ice and strain over the sugar cube. Drink the shot quickly. If you don't have sugar cubes, simply pour a small amount of granulated sugar into your glass instead.
- Lemon drop with a sugary lemon wedge: Coat lemon wedges with sugar, and place one on each shot glass. Pour the chilled vodka, drink, and quickly bite into the sugary wedge.
- Shaken lemon drop: Sometimes, you just have to shake it. This lemon drop shot is more of a mixed drink: Shake 1/2-ounce each vodka, triple sec, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a shot glass and enjoy.
How Strong Are These Lemon Drop Shots?
No matter how you prepare it, the lemon drop is not a weak shot. This shot is designed to be fun and can get you drunk fast. Take it easy and pace yourself, or you might end up with one of those nasty hangovers.
If you opt for one of the straight, bite-the-lemon shots above—a straight shot of vodka—your drink will be as strong as the liquor's proof, which is typically 80 proof (40 percent ABV). Should you choose to shake up one of the mixed shooters, you're looking at a slightly weaker drink because of dilution. As you can see below, a few seconds in the shaker makes a difference:
- Lemon drop with a sugar cube: 15 percent ABV (30 proof)
- Shaken lemon drop: 17 percent ABV (34 proof)
Watch Now: The Essential Shot Recipes