|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 shot (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are many ways to make Lemon Drop shots and all are fun and pretty tasty. These sweet-and-sour shooters are meant to make you pucker, so be prepared and enjoy the party.
One popular way to make Lemon Drop shots is similar to tequila shots because it is more about the process and less about mixing ingredients.
You will begin with a shot of chilled vodka, then quickly take a bite of a sugar-coated lemon to get that sour kick. Clear vodka is a popular choice, although you may also consider a lemon or citrus vodka as well.
Here are four ways to enjoy a Lemon Drop shot.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka (chilled)
- Garnish: lemon wedge
- Garnish: sugar
Pour the vodka into a shot glass.
Coat a lemon wedge with sugar.
Drink the shot of vodka. Follow that immediately with a bite into the sugary lemon.
- Chilled vodka will make the shot go down a bit easier.
- Either stick the bottle in the freezer for an hour or two or shake a shot with ice and strain it into the shot glass.
- Shaking will dilute it slightly, but it is not enough to make a difference when we're talking about straight vodka.
- When making the lemon drop with a sugar rim, keep in mind that you can prepare an entire party's worth of shot glasses in advance so that all you have to do is pour the vodka.
- If you are making the lemon drop with a sugar cube and you don't happen to have sugar cubes, simply pour a small amount of granulated sugar in your glass instead.
- Lemon Drop With a Sugar Rim: Rim the edge of a shot glass with lemon juice and dip it into sugar. Shake off any loose sugar. Fill the glass with chilled vodka. Drink the shot and quickly bite into a slice of lemon.
- Lemon Drop With a Sugar Cube: Place a sugar cube into a shot glass. Shake 3/4 ounce each of vodka and lemon juice with ice and strain over the sugar cube. Drink the shot quickly.
- Shaken Lemon Drop: Sometimes you just have to shake it! This Lemon Drop shot is more of a mixed drink, and it's quite easy to get down. Shake 1/2 ounce each vodka, triple sec, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a shot glass and enjoy.
Watch Now: The Essential Shot Recipes
How Strong Are These Lemon Drop Shots?
No matter how you prepare it, the Lemon Drop is not a weak shot. And that's the point, isn't it? This shooter is designed to be fun and, quite honestly, get you just a little drunk. Take it easy and pace yourself or you might end up with one of those nasty hangovers in the morning.
If you opt for one of the straight, bite-the-lemon shots above, then you are simply taking a straight shot of vodka. Your drink will be as strong as the liquor's proof, which is typically 80 proof (40 percent ABV).
Should you choose to shake up one of the mixed shooters, you're looking at a slightly weaker drink because of dilution. As you can see, a little time in the shaker makes a significant difference.
- Lemon Drop with a Sugar Cube: 15 percent ABV (30 proof)
- Shaken Lemon Drop: 17 percent ABV (34 proof)