Simply put the Weber Genesis line of grills are the best you can buy in this price range and beyond. The E-310 is the most basic version of this series. What you get with this model is a three-burner grill in one of 3 colors. Other models in this series give you a side burner or a sear burner, but if you don't need that then this is the model to buy.
- Efficient heat design
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Weber support
- Low grades of stainless steel throughout
- Slower preheat times
- Three 12,666 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches
- 38,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Push button electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Constructed of cast aluminum, enameled steel and stainless steel (400 series stainless)
- Enclosed cabinet with internal propane tank storage and propane fuel gauge
- Dual layer hood with double vaporization system for heat retention
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in the USA
After Weber redesigned their popular line of Genesis grills, the burners, which used to run parallel to the front of the grill, with controls on the right side table, are now run perpendicular to the front of the grill with the controls in the front. Now, the Weber Genesis grill is much more like all the other grills on the market, at least as far as the burner design goes. Being Weber, this wasn't a rash decision and after three years of development, the new Genesis grill is a more efficient grill. Simply stated, this grill really hasn't changed the way it cooks.
Of course, if you are reading this you are not interested in what the Genesis used to be, but what it is now. This grill is one of the most efficient standard gas grills on the market as well as one of the best built. For the price, there really isn't a better grill on the market, and while this is a basic, no-frills gas grill, it does what you want; it grills hot and fast while giving you the ability to do low, indirect grilling.
To really understand the Genesis grill you need to look inside the firebox. The three burners put out only 38,000 BTUs under 507 square inches of cooking space or about 75 BTUs per square inch. While this is low when compared to other gas grills, the efficient design holds in heat, at least, the heat it creates, which is limited. The truth is that because Weber has decided to make its sear burner an option in the Genesis Grills (E-330) they have cut back on the power for the Genesis line. This way, if you have the sear burner, and you crank all the burners it won't overheat the firebox. The downside is that this grill will take longer to reach a good, high temperature.
What really makes the Weber Genesis E-310 stand out is its quality. The attention to detail that takes 3 years to change the burner design can be seen in every part of this grill. This means that everything on this grill works, and since there is a 10-year warranty on virtually everything in this grill, you can rely on it to last for at least a decade and most likely longer.