This is possibly the best of the "mass market" grills on the market. To get more quality and appearance in a gas grill, you'll end up spending a lot more money. However, at $1,500 USD for a basic model, you can find grills that cook just as well for less. Of course, they wouldn't be a Weber and won't have this kind of quality or durability. Weber provides an excellent warranty and support, so you'll get a good 10 years out of this grill one way or the other. We would like a few more BTUs, but Weber design makes the most out of the heat this unit puts out.
Even, high heat from 4 stainless steel burners
Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
Strong Warranty and support from Weber
Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
No Rotisserie burner and Rotisserie kit is extra
Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Four 12,200 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 538 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,800 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built-in thermometer
- On knob piezoelectric igniter for individual burner ignition
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum, and steel frame construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates and "flavorizer" bars
- Handle mounted 3-LED battery powered grill light
- LP tank and cover not included. Made in the United States by Weber
Review - Weber Summit S-420 Gas Grill
The Summit line of gas grills represents the best of what Weber has to offer. This, the smallest of the Summit line is an attractive and capable gas grill. What you get for around $1,500 USD is a four burner, 48,800 BTU gas grill with a side burner. Weber makes grills that produce great heat, for less fuel and provide a professional level of evenness in cooking. This unit will do pretty much everything you would want a gas grill to do from searing a steak to indirectly cooking a turkey.
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that we find to be more gimmick than practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are on the grill, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color change on shrimp you might be a little hard-pressed to see that with this light. A cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
All in all, this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company has trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a year. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.