Got leftover potatoes? Here are a few ideas on how to transform and re-purpose those leftover potatoes, whether they're leftover baked potatoes or leftover mashed, oven-roasted, boiled or sweet potatoes. Many of these recipes can be made with either baked, boiled or mashed potatoes, so browse them all. Read on.
Leftover mashed potatoes:
- Shepherd's pie with vegetables Broccoli, mushrooms and cauliflower are baked in a creamy sauce and topped with mashed potatoes.
- Potato patties with Swiss chard Vibrantly colorful and made with leftover mashed potatoes, these pan-fried are quick and easy to make and keep and freeze well. A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- Vegan breakfast potato patties Combine your leftover mashed potatoes with a bit of flour and egg replacer for a basic fried potato patty.
- Meatless shepherd's pie with lentils Instead of meat, the vegetarian recipe uses lentils and can be made with leftover baked, boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Shepherd's pie with mashed potatoes and TVP Shepherd's pie is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving gravy as well as leftover mashed potatoes.
- Parmesan mashed potato patties Another potato patty recipe, this one made with leftover mashed potatoes and pan-fried until crispy.
Leftover baked, boiled or roasted potatoes
- Pineapple and potato curry recipe Transform your leftover potatoes into a flavorful Indian pineapple and coconut curry. Reduce the overall cooking time, and simmer the potatoes for just a few minutes, since they're already cooked.
- Traditional Potatoes O'Brien With pre-cooked leftover roasted or baked potatoes, this recipe will be super quick and easy.
- Aloo dum - Indian spiced potatoes Use leftover baked or boiled potatoes and reduce the total cooking time in this recipe.
- Potato and tempeh hash recipe Sautee leftover boiled, baked or roasted potatoes with tempeh for a high-protein breakfast hash.
Leftover mashed sweet potatoes:
Roasted or boiled sweet potatoes:
- Award-winning sweet potato and quinoa veggie burgers This unique recipe calls for mashed cooked sweet potatoes.
- Sweet potato risotto Leftover roasted sweet potatoes can be pureed to add to a saucy vegetarian risotto in this recipe.
- Five-star sweet potato lasagna Use either cooked or mashed sweet potatoes in this vegetarian lasagna roll recipe.
- Sweet potato and black bean chili My all-time favorite chili recipe. Use pre-cooked sweet potatoes and reduce the simmering time.
- Pumpkin and sweet potato soup Disguise your leftover sweet potatoes as a vibrant and colorful pumpkin soup!
- Spicy sweet potato and quinoa salad