Got leftover potatoes? Here are a few ideas on how to transform and re-purpose those leftover potatoes, whether they're leftover baked potatoes or leftover mashed, oven-roasted, boiled or sweet potatoes. Many of these recipes can be made with either, so browse them all!
Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- Shepherd's pie with vegetables: Broccoli, mushrooms, and cauliflower are baked in a creamy sauce and topped with mashed potatoes.
- Potato patties with Swiss chard: Vibrantly colorful and made with leftover mashed potatoes, these pan-fried are quick and easy to make and keep and freeze well. A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- Vegan breakfast potato patties: Combine your leftover mashed potatoes with a bit of flour and egg replacer for a basic fried potato patty.
- Meatless shepherd's pie with lentils: Instead of meat, the vegetarian recipe uses lentils and can be made with leftover baked, boiled, or mashed potatoes.
- Shepherd's pie with mashed potatoes: Shepherd's pie is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving gravy as well as leftover mashed potatoes.
- Parmesan mashed potato patties: Another potato patty recipe, this one is made with leftover mashed potatoes and pan-fried until crispy.
Leftover Baked, Boiled, or Roasted Potatoes
Leftover Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Roasted or Boiled Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potato and quinoa veggie burgers: This unique recipe calls for mashed cooked sweet potatoes.
- Sweet potato risotto: Leftover, roasted sweet potatoes can be pureed to add to a saucy vegetarian risotto in this recipe.
- Sweet potato lasagna: Use either cooked or mashed sweet potatoes in this vegetarian lasagna roll recipe.
- Sweet potato and black bean chili: Use pre-cooked sweet potatoes and reduce the simmering time.
- Pumpkin and sweet potato soup: Disguise your leftover sweet potatoes as a bowl of vibrant and colorful pumpkin soup.