|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whipped coffee, also known as Korean Dalgona coffee, is a fluffy delicious twist on your morning caffeine addiction. It’s like a fancy coffee shop coffee without the expense or trip out of the house. And it takes about the same amount of time to make as it does to brew a pot of coffee.
It uses only four ingredients: instant coffee, sugar, water, and milk. The instant coffee, sugar, and water are first whipped up to create an irresistible, sweet frothy, yet thick foam. The original TikTok trend called for whipping by hand, but we use a hand blender for ease. Once the coffee-sugar mixture is nice and fluffy, simply pour over milk and ice. We added a little vanilla extract at the last minute for extra flavor, but you can leave it out or add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon for a hint of spice.
You can create this delicious drink in winter or summer. Serve the milk and whipped coffee over ice or heat up the milk for a hot coffee. You can easily make this recipe dairy-free by using plant-based milk and swap in an alternative low-carb sweetener to make it keto-friendly.
It’s easy to whip together and won’t add a ton of time to your morning routine!
Click Play to See This Whipped Coffee Come Together
Gather the ingredients.
Add the instant coffee, sugar and hot or boiling water to large liquid measuring cup. Whip with an electric hand mixer or immersion blender for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is completely fluffy and has lightened in color. We used one beater on the hand mixer so it would fit into the measuring cup well. Whisk in the vanilla at the end if you are adding.
Divide the milk amongst two glasses and top with ice.
Split the whipped coffee over the top of each glass and serve immediately.
- We found that you can’t make this recipe with already brewed coffee. It just won’t whip right. You can however use the decaf instant coffee or instant espresso.
- You can whip the coffee with a hand mixer like we used or a frother, stand mixer, or an immersion blender. You can whisk by hand, but it does take a lot longer.
- You need to make sure you use hot or boiling water, cold water won’t produce the same results.
- You can make this without sugar, but it won’t stay as frothy for as long. It will lose its whipped texture much quicker.
- You can use different types of sugars like brown sugar or raw sugar.
- Some brands of instant coffee work better than others and will produce a stiffer whip.
- If you don’t feel like holding your hand mixer for five minutes, double this recipe and pop it in the bowl of your stand mixer. Turn it on and let it whip while you get ready for your day. You can store the extra whip in the fridge for the next day. It will hold much of its shape and texture for 24 hours.
- Try adding different flavors like vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, or a drizzle of caramel sauce over the top.
- Serve hot by heating up your milk of choice and topping it with the whipped coffee.