|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1/2 cup (8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This lightly sweetened whipped orange butter is wonderful served as a spread for quick bread, muffins, waffles, or pancakes.
For a sweeter butter, add some whole berry cranberry sauce or replace the orange juice with sweet orange marmalade. See the variations below the recipe.
The recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 orange (zest and 1 tablespoon juice)
- Optional: dash cinnamon
Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
Beat with a mixer with a whisk attachment or by hand until well blended.
Refrigerate until serving time.
This is a delicious spread for quick breads, biscuits, pancakes, and waffles, or muffins.
- Replace the orange juice and zest with 1 tablespoon of sweet orange marmalade.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of whole berry cranberry sauce for orange cranberry butter.