This hummus recipe uses white beans instead of traditional chickpeas. Try this for a tasty alternative to chickpea-based hummus.
- 2 ½ cups white beans, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- water as needed
- In a blender or food processor, blend the white beans.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, olive oil, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency.
- Add small amounts of water as needed until desired texture.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour or serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|