A vegetarian pasta recipe you can serve hot for dinner or cold for a pasta salad. This is a quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe full of healthy fiber and protein and suitable for vegetarian kids.
This recipe was created for BUSH'S ® Beans by Connie Guttersen, R.D., Ph.D., nutrition instructor at The Culinary Institute of America, mom, and author of “The Sonoma Diet.”
This kid-friendly vegetable recipe was tested by families on BUSH’S® Beans Moms and Kids Panel. Kacey, 7, from West Virgina, promises, "This is the best pasta in the world!".
- 1 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 cup cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tbsp canned black olives, chopped
- 1 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, cucumbers, red peppers, artichokes, olives, and cooked pasta. Add beans and gently mix.
Add lemon juice and olive oil. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If time permits, let sit for 1 hour.
Sprinkle with feta cheese.