A vegetarian pasta recipe you can serve hot for dinner or cold for a pasta salad. This is a quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe full of healthy fiber and protein and suitable for vegetarian kids.
This recipe was created for BUSH'S ® Beans by Connie Guttersen, R.D., Ph.D., nutrition instructor at The Culinary Institute of America, mom, and author of “The Sonoma Diet.”
This kid-friendly vegetable recipe was tested by families on BUSH’S® Beans Moms and Kids Panel. Kacey, 7, from West Virginia, promises, "This is the best pasta in the world!".
- 1 cup pasta (spiral shaped; cooked)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup cucumber (cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup red pepper (roasted, chopped)
- 1 (6-ounce) jar artichoke hearts (marinated, drained and quartered)
- 2 tablespoon black olives (chopped)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste