Make this white chocolate covered strawberries recipe for a special treat for Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve. You can use white chocolate chips or a white chocolate bar for these strawberries. To make this recipe extra special, after the strawberries are covered in white chocolate, they are then dipped in coconut. Kids can even make these with you.
Don't Miss: White Chocolate Strawberries Video Recipe
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips (or a white chocolate bar, chopped finely)
- 1 quart strawberries (with the stems on, washed)
- 1 cup coconut (shredded flaked)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a chocolate melter or a microwave-safe container. If using a chocolate melter, heat on high until the chocolate is melted. If using the microwave, heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, then continue heating in 30-second increments on 50% power, stirring until the white chocolate is completely melted.
- Dry the strawberries with paper towels (this helps the chocolate adhere better to the strawberries).
- Spread the coconut out on a plate in an even layer.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off (you can use a spoon to help catch the dripping chocolate), then immediately press into the coconut, turning to coat both sides. Place the white chocolate-covered strawberries onto the prepared cookie sheets to cool.
- When finished dipping all of the strawberries, transfer to the refrigerator to cool and harden until ready to serve.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Strawberries Recipes
The possibilities for decorating chocolate strawberries are endless! Kids could have fun customizing it, or you could make it as fancy as you want. Simply choose a chocolate (milk, dark, or white) and then coat it with a topping. For white chocolate, it's also easy to add a little bit of color. Stir in a drop or two of food coloring in the melted white chocolate to make shades like pink and blue to make an adorable dessert that could also work for special occasions.
- Colorful sprinkles or nonpareils
- Crushed nuts (like almonds)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cookie crumbles (like graham crackers)
- Drizzle with caramel or another kind of chocolate
If you're giving them as a gift, you can put each strawberry into a cupcake liner and then in a nice box. Just make sure it stays cool so the chocolate doesn't melt!
For a fun treat with your kids, you could put each strawberry on the end of a stick (it'll also be easier to dip) and let the chocolate harden without having to place the strawberries on a tray.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|