- Cupcakes or Cake:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons
- baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons key lime zest (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh
- key lime juice
- 2/3 cup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup fresh key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line standard-size muffin tin with foil liners.
- Blend the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a mixer, beating until blended.
- Add the eggs, 1-1/2 teaspoons lime zest, and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Into the butter-cream mixture in the large bowl, add 1/3 of the flour mixture, stirring until combined.
- Add one-third of the buttermilk, stirring until combined.
- Continue alternating one-third of each until all is mixed well. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes (or 12 to 14 minutes for mini-muffins) until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Whisk powdered sugar and 1/8 cup lime juice together until combined and smooth.
- While muffins are still warm, poke holes in the tops of the muffins with a wooden pick.
- Smooth about a teaspoon on top of each warm muffin.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare 9 x 13-inch baking pan by lining with foil (non-stick foil recommended).
- Follow the same mixing instructions as above.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let rest in pan about 5 minutes and then poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden pick.
- Spread glaze evenly over top of cake and cool completely.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|