|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Cocktail|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A White Christmas Dream is a creamy holiday cocktail that's fantastic after a meal. It also makes a nice nightcap after a long day of hustling around doing all of that stuff that comes with the holiday season.
The cocktail is extremely simple to make and is a lot like the Godmother. The combination of vodka and amaretto is always fantastic and in this case a healthy pour of heavy cream is added to give it a lush, rich taste.
Be sure to dust your drink with a little nutmeg. It is the key element that brings in a little extra Christmas cheer.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Garnish with grated nutmeg on top.
Serve and enjoy!
How Strong Is This Drink?
- To estimate how strong the average White Christmas Dream is, let's assume that we are using an 80-proof vodka and a 42 proof amaretto. In this case, this sweet dessert drink comes in at right around 17% ABV (34 proof).
- It is neither the strongest nor the lightest cocktail you can mix up. Instead, it could be considered a "Goldilocks" type of drink—it's just right.
- The White Christmas Dream is one of those cocktails that is the perfect candidate for your favorite go-to vodka. There's no need to go with a top-shelf vodka—instead, find that great tasting vodka that fits your budget and keep that in your bar's stock for drinks like this.
- The amaretto is equally important for this cocktail because it has the same pour as the vodka. You may want to think about giving homemade amaretto a try because it is quite easy and fun to make.
- The last little note that I have is that the nutmeg really should not be skipped. It can be easy to blow off or forget about the garnish, but in this case, it really does make a difference. A slight dusting of nutmeg can take this drink from "okay" to "wow"!
- Heavy cream (or heavy whipping cream) is a very rich option for cream and it is a nice choice for making the most luscious of cocktails. However, it does come with a high fat content and if this is a concern for your diet, you may think about switching to half and half or light cream.