|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||36%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The white Christmas dream recipe creates a delicious, creamy holiday cocktail that's fantastic for dessert. It also makes a nice nightcap after a long day of hustling around doing all of that stuff that comes with the holiday season.
This cocktail is extremely simple to make and similar to the godmother, though that one is served on the rocks. The combination of vodka and amaretto is always fantastic and, in this case, a healthy pour of heavy cream gives it a lush, rich taste. When you add a dusting of nutmeg, the drink has a little extra Christmas cheer.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the vodka, amaretto, and heavy cream.
Garnish with grated nutmeg on top. Serve and enjoy.
- This cocktail is the perfect candidate for your favorite go-to vodka. There's no need to go with a top-shelf vodka because of the cream. Instead, find a great tasting vodka that fits your budget and keep it in your bar's stock for drinks like this.
- The amaretto is equally important for this cocktail because it has the same pour as the vodka. You may want to think about giving homemade amaretto a try. It's quite easy and fun to make.
- The nutmeg really should not be skipped. It can be easy to blow off or forget about the garnish, but this one does make a big impact on the drink's flavor.
- Heavy cream is a very rich option for cream and it is a nice choice for making the most luscious of cocktails. However, it does come with a high fat content and if this is a concern for your diet, you may think about switching to half and half or light cream. Milk and dairy alternatives (especially almond milk) are good options as well.
- A cream liqueur, such as Irish cream or RumChata, would make a nice alternative, too. This will boost the drink's strength, but they're low-proof so the difference is minimal.
- This drink could work out well with a liquor other than vodka. You could follow the godfather's scotch recommendation or pour another style of whiskey. An aged rum or a good brandy would make a nice foundation, too.
How Strong Is the White Christmas Dream?
To estimate how strong the white Christmas dream is, let's assume that you pour an 80-proof vodka and 42-proof amaretto. That means this sweet dessert drink weighs in right around 17 percent ABV (34 proof). It is neither the strongest nor the lightest cocktail you can mix up. Instead, it could be considered a "Goldilocks" type of drink—it's just right.