A flashy sangria that is sure to light up any back deck party, this white-wine sangria is easy to make and quick to refill.
It offers a powerful "cocktail-like" punch with its dash of vodka. Perfect for happy hour or a spontaneous gathering at any hour, this particular white-wine sangria recipe gets rave reviews from both wine lovers and mixologists alike.
- 1 750 mL bottle of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Albarino, Gewurztraminer, Viognier or Pinot Gris)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sliced grapes (seedless, green or red)
- 1 green apple (sliced)
- 1/2 pineapple (sliced)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups club soda (or ginger ale)
- Pour wine, vodka and white grape juice into a full-sized pitcher and add sliced grapes, green apple, and pineapple.
- Next, add sugar If using ginger ale or citrus soda pop (see below), you might want to cut down on the amount of sugar. Stir gently, until blended.
- Chill mixture for at least 1 hour. Add club soda or ginger ale just before serving, to preserve the bubbles.
- If you'd like to serve your Sangria right away, use chilled white wine and chilled club soda or chilled ginger ale and serve over lots of ice.
Use sliced strawberries, a handful of fresh blackberries, banana slices, a 1/2 cup of citrus soda pop.