A flashy sangria that is sure to light up any back deck party, this white-wine sangria is easy to make and quick to refill.
It offers a powerful "cocktail-like" punch with its dash of vodka. Perfect for happy hour or a spontaneous gathering at any hour, this particular white-wine sangria recipe gets rave reviews from both wine lovers and mixologists alike.
- 1 750 mL bottle of white wine ( Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Albarino, Gewurztraminer, Viognier or Pinot Gris)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sliced grapes (seedless, green or red)
- 1 green apple (sliced)
- 1/2 pineapple (sliced)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups club soda (or ginger ale)
Gather the ingredients.
Pour wine, vodka and white grape juice into a full-sized pitcher and add sliced grapes, green apple, and pineapple.
Next, add sugar If using ginger ale or citrus soda pop (see below), you might want to cut down on the amount of sugar. Stir gently, until blended.
Chill mixture for at least 1 hour. Add club soda or ginger ale just before serving, to preserve the bubbles.
If you'd like to serve your Sangria right away, use chilled white wine and chilled club soda or chilled ginger ale and serve over lots of ice.
- Use sliced strawberries, a handful of fresh blackberries, banana slices, a 1/2 cup of citrus soda pop.