Radish salad is a common addition to mixed salad plates like you find in German restaurants.
Scoop a bit onto your plate and see if you enjoy it as an accompaniment to your next Schnitzel or hamburger.
- 1 large Daikon radish (or several smaller white radishes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2-3/4 cup/150 ml. sour cream (or crème fraiche)
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (prepared)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Peel and grate the radish(es). Put the grated radish in a sieve, sprinkle with salt and wait 10 minutes. Press out excess water.
- Mix the cream, vinegar, sugar horseradish, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the grated radish and stir to coat.
- Let the salad sit (cool or refrigerated) for at least 15 minutes. 1 - 2 hours is preferable before serving.
The salad can also be jazzed up with cubed, bell pepper, grated carrots or sliced cucumbers.
It tastes even better after marinating overnight.
When serving, let the salad drain a little before plating.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|