Taking the fragrant, fresh mint and lively lime themes of the classic mojito and swapping white rum for a favorite white wine, the white wine mojito is an easy and tasty recipe that delivers maximum flavor with minimum fuss.
Virtually any white wine will work well; however, the serious citrus of Sauvignon Blanc, the outstanding aromatics of Riesling or the flexible flavor profiles of Pinot Grigio deserve special consideration.
- 1 750 ml bottle of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Grigio)
- 2 cups Italian sparkling lemonade
- 3 Limes (2 juiced, one for garnish)
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- * Optional: sugar to taste (depending on how sweet the sparkling lemonade is)
- Chill the white wine and Italian sparkling lemonade.
- Once well-chilled, mix the wine and sparkling lemonade in a large pitcher. Juice two limes and add to the wine and lemonade.
- Mince 3/4 cups of fresh mint and add to the pitcher (add mint right before serving, otherwise the leaves begin to brown).
- Add optional sugar to taste, especially if the sparkling lemonade is light on the sweet factor. Mix well.
- Thinly slice the remaining lime to garnish glass rims and add a sprig of mint leaves to liven things up even more. Serve over ice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|