Creamy mushroom soup adds a silky base to a flavorful wine sauce, and the salad dressing adds a tasty zing! This pasta is an Italian classic that incorporates chicken into a delicious meal. It's an easy and satisfying family meal that will please even the pickiest eaters.
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works especially well due to the herbaceous character)
- 2 10 oz. (or one 14 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 package of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 oz. pasta (linguine works very well)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Sprinkle: parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 325 F. Melt butter in a large pot and stir in a package of Italian salad dressing mix.
Next, stir in wine, mushroom soup, and cream cheese until well-blended. Continue to heat (without boiling) mixture for about 5 minutes. The sauce should be creamy and all cream cheese should be melted in.
Place chicken in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the above mixture over. Cook for 50-55 minutes. Cook pasta about 15 minutes before the chicken is done. Drain pasta and serve chicken and sauce over the linguine.
Top with sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Don't forget to save some of the white wine to complement dinner!