This super easy, ultra tasty recipe calls for white wine, a packet of Italian dressing mix, chicken, and pasta.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc works especially well due to the herbaceous character)
- 2 10 oz. (or one 14 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 package of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 oz. pasta (linguine works very well)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- Sprinkle: parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt butter in large pot and stir in a package of Italian salad dressing mix.
Next, stir in wine, mushroom soup, and cream cheese until well-blended. Continue to heat (without boiling) mixture for about 5 minutes. The sauce should be creamy and all cream cheese should be melted in.
Place chicken in single layer in baking dish and pour the above mixture over. Cook for 50-55 minutes. Cook pasta about 15 minutes before chicken is done. Drain pasta and serve chicken and sauce over the linguine.
Top with sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Don't forget to save some of the white wine to complement dinner!