|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These light and delicious savory whole wheat biscuits are made with about half whole wheat flour.
Green onions and a little parsley makes these tasty wheat biscuits extra special. These biscuits are super easy to make; most of the mixing is done in the food processor.
These are wonderful biscuits to enjoy with a hearty stew, or top with ham or turkey slices.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 3/4 cup (plus 1 tablespoon) buttermilk
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In food processor, combine the flours, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar, if using. Add the butter in small pieces, then the chopped green onions and parsley. Process until mixture resembles meal. Note: If you don't use a food processor, work the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles meal, then add finely chopped green onion and parsley.
- Stir in the buttermilk until ingredients are just moistened. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 2 or 3 times, just until you have a soft cohesive dough.
- Pat out into a circle about 3/4-inch thick. Cut out with biscuit cutters and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 11 to 14 minutes, until lightly browned.