Homemade bread is delicious, but if you are trying to stick to your diet, you may be told to avoid it. And if you have a bread maker at home, you are sure to be tempted. Why not try baking a healthier bread instead? Enjoy this whole wheat bread made in the bread machine.
- 1-1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions.
When adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will ensure the proper timing of the yeast reaction.
Use Whole Wheat or Timed Cycle, or follow the manufacturer's directions.