|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 38mg||191%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The woo woo is a fun cocktail to make—and to order. Just by saying "woo woo," you can taste the playfulness of this fruity mix. It's a tasty indulgence that's hard to resist. Our easy recipe is mixed in minutes and makes a wonderful cocktail or aperitif. Another reason to get on the woo woo train is its simplicity: vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry juice. Think of it as a mix between the popular cosmopolitan and hairy navel cocktails.
Transform or enhance this three-ingredient drink to fit your mood or the occasion. Try adding different garnishes or serving it in playful glassware, adding some sparkles, flavored vodka, or sliced pieces of fruit.
It's common for the woo woo to be served "up" as a fancy cocktail or on the rocks. But it can also become a fruity punch or a fun shot. Take three minutes and let the woo woo cocktail woo you.
"Woo woo is a tasty cocktail with a great name! Like many drinks from this era, it doesn't use citrus and relies on cranberry to cut the sweetness. I think it could use a squeeze of fresh lime to balance things out. Using quality peach schnapps makes a difference." —Tom Macy
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce peach schnapps
2 ounces cranberry juice
Lime wedge, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
Place the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
Shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or a highball glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge. Serve and enjoy.
Find Your Inner Woo Woo
Once you learn to love the woo woo for the wacky, fun cocktail that it is, you will soon find that it's the perfect base for experimentation. Add a little this or that, and you have a whimsical, new drink to enjoy:
- Add a touch of sparkle: There are times when the woo woo can be too sweet, so a little sparkle will quickly liven it up and make it more refreshing. Top it with seltzer, club soda, or ginger ale, or fancy it up a bit with sparkling wine. This is a fabulous idea when making it as a punch because it dilutes the drink so that your guests won't get drunk off of two glasses.
- Use flavored vodka: Whether you make your own or buy it at the liquor store, the woo woo is a perfect candidate for almost any flavored vodka you want to throw into it: strawberry, vanilla, cucumber, or watermelon are all great choices. Try adding fruit liqueurs, syrups, or fruit juices.
- Add fruits: Toss in fruit to beautify the woo woo. From berries to watermelon, it's hard to go wrong when adding fruit to this drink. For whole or cut fruit, muddle it in the shaker before adding the other ingredients.
- Add citrus: Although the cranberry juice provides some acidity, adding a little bit of fresh lemon or lime juice (1/4 to 1/2 ounce) will brighten the whole drink.
Woo Woo Punch or Party Shot
- Woo Woo Party Punch: Increase the ingredients proportionally to fill a pitcher or punch bowl. For instance, use full 750-milliliter bottles of vodka and peach schnapps with about 50 ounces of cranberry juice. This will produce about 25 4-ounce drinks that can be served with or without ice.
- Woo Woo Party Shot: When transforming this drink into a shooter, the cranberry juice is typically cut in half, so there's more alcohol content. Pour equal parts—about 1/2 ounce each—of the three ingredients. Shake it to ensure a good mix.
How Strong Is the Woo Woo Cocktail?
The woo woo is a relatively mild cocktail, not much stronger than the average glass of wine. That's what makes it so appealing—but also what makes it easy to have one too many. When made with Peachtree at 48 proof and an 80 proof vodka, this woo woo recipe has an alcohol content of about 14 percent ABV (28 proof). But if you cut the cranberry juice to make a 2-ounce shooter, that content more than doubles to a whopping 32 percent ABV (64 proof).