|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The woo woo is a fun cocktail on many levels. First of all, every time you make or order it, you get to say "woo woo"! Second, it's fruity mix is a tasty indulgence that's hard to resist. And finally, it's an easy recipe to mix up and can be served any way you like it.
The drink itself is actually very simple (another reason to get on the woo woo train): vodka, peach schnapps, and cranberry. Think of it as a mix between the popular cosmopolitan and the fruity hairy navel. The simplicity is the beauty of the woo woo because you can easily transform or enhance the three-ingredient drink to fit your mood or the occasion.
It's common for the woo woo to be served "up" as a fancy cocktail or on the rocks. You can also make it into a fruity punch or a fun shot for parties. No matter how you take it, the woo woo is a popular drink that everyone (including bartenders) should know.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- Garnish: lime wedge
Gather the ingredients.
Place the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or a highball filled with fresh ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Serve and enjoy!
Once you learn to love the woo woo for the wacky, fun cocktail that it is, you will soon find that it's the perfect base for experimentation. Add a little this or that and you have a fun, new drink to enjoy.
- Add a touch of sparkle: There are times when the woo woo can be too sweet, and a little sparkle will quickly liven it up and make it more refreshing. Top it with seltzer, club soda, or ginger ale or fancy it up a bit with sparkling wine. This is a fabulous idea when making it as a punch because it dilutes it the drink so your guests won't get wasted off two glasses.
- Start with flavored vodka: Whether you make your own or buy it at the liquor store, the woo woo is a perfect candidate for almost any flavored vodka you want to throw into it. Try strawberry or vanilla or get a little wild with cucumber or watermelon.
- Build on the fruits: Do you have some leftover fruit in the fridge that needs to be used up? Toss it into the woo woo! From strawberries to watermelon, you really cannot go wrong with adding more fruit to this drink. For whole or cut fruit, muddle it in the shaker before adding the other ingredients. You can also add fruit liqueurs, syrups, or juices.
- Woo Woo Party Punch: Increase the ingredients proportionally to fill a pitcher or punch bowl. For instance, use full 750ml bottles of vodka and peach schnapps with about 50 ounces of cranberry juice. This will produce about 25 4-ounce drinks that can be served with or without ice.
- Woo Woo Party Shot: When transforming this drink into a shooter, we typically cut the cranberry juice in half so there's a little bit more alcohol. That makes the recipe even simpler because you will simply pour equal parts (about 1/2-ounce each) of the three ingredients. Shake it to ensure a good mix.
How Strong Is the Woo Woo Cocktail?
The woo woo is a relatively mild cocktail, not much stronger than the average glass of wine. That's what makes it so appealing—but it also makes it easy to have one too many, and that can lead to some embarrassing party moments and hangovers.
When made with Peachtree (48-proof) and an 80-proof vodka, this woo woo recipe has an alcohol content of about 14 percent ABV (28 proof). If we cut the cranberry to make a 2-ounce shooter, that doubles to a whopping 32 percent ABV (64 proof).