If someone did a list of the greatest cake/frosting combinations of all time, this carrot cake topped with cream cheese frosting has to be at the top. This carrot cake recipe also has pineapple, pecans, and walnuts which all add to its moist, crunchy goodness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 can/8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger in a mixing bowl for a minute or two; reserve until needed.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, and eggs. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the melted butter. Use a spatula to stir in the carrots, pineapple, and nuts. Stir in the flour mixture in two additions.
- Scrape the batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top springs back slightly when gently touched with your finger. Remove and allow to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the butter, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar to form a smooth frosting.
- Spread evenly over the cooled cake.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|