This pie is made extra tasty with baker's chocolate and homemade whipped cream topping.
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 4 1-ounce squares Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Hershey’s cocoa
- Blend the sugar, cornstarch, flour, salt, and 1 cup of milk together with a wire whisk.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 to 9 minutes, until the mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate squares, butter, and the vanilla. Stir until smooth and all the chocolate is melted.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into graham cracker pie and shell refrigerate for 4 hours.
- For the topping, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar slowly and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread onto the cooled pie.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of Hershey’s cocoa and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|