Sweet, sexy, and a fantastic way to add tropical fruits to your favorite cocktails, X-Rated Fusion is a liqueur you need to know. This sweet liqueur is filled with wonderful flavors and it pairs perfectly with fruity vodkas, tequilas, and sparkling wines. Whether it's a date night or girl's night in, there's no doubt you will love mixing with this pretty in pink spirit.
What is X-Rated Fusion?
X-Rated Fusion is a fruity liqueur imported from France. It was first released to the U.S. market in 2006. This pink liqueur has a premium vodka base that is infused with Provence blood orange, mango, and passion fruit flavors.
The unique flavor blend adds an interesting twist to many occasion-specific cocktails. Drinks with a little X-Rated thrown into the mix make a perfect libation for wooing a lover on a romantic evening or any ladies night. It is a fun liqueur for fun cocktails.
Since its launch, X-Rated has expanded its flavor offerings. They are a little different than the original and just as delicious and fun to add to a variety of drinks.
- X-Tropix is a blend of pineapple and coconut. Add this one to your favorite frozen cocktail or pair it with rum for a quick and unique take on the Piña Colada.
- Peach Blush is a blend of sun-ripened peach, citrus, and honey. This one seems to have been short-lived as it is now off the market.
Drinking X-Rated Fusion
As with many liqueurs, X-Rated Fusion cannot stand on its own and even when served on the rocks (as is one of the serving suggestions) it leaves something to be desired. Without other spirits (or at least a little soda), X-Rated is too thick to be remotely refreshing and it is overly sweet. That said, it is a spectacular mixer.
- You will really enjoy this liqueur in the simple Pom-X Martini with equal parts of the liqueur and pomegranate vodka (Van Gogh and Charbay are two excellent options).
- It also pairs wonderfully with Champagne in a Tickled Pink cocktail.
- Simply top a shot of X-Rated Fusion with your favorite clear soda (ginger ale or citrus, for example) and serve it tall or short on the rocks.
We would not advise a mix with any spirit that is also thick and very sweet (schnapps would be a good example). However, it can be used as a substitute for other tropical fruit liqueurs in a variety of cocktail recipes.
The sweet aroma of mango, berry, and melon is almost overbearing, yet it is seductively appealing; reminiscent of a field of new apple blossoms after a light rain. The thick liqueur has a strong mango palate with a sweet citrus bite and a long-lasting, delectable aftertaste.
More X-Rated Fusion Cocktails
X-Rated Fusion can find a home in a variety of cocktails. From frozen wonders to mixed drinks with tequila or flavored vodkas, you will have a ton of fun mixing with this liqueur.
- Mrs. Claus' wildside punch: Bring this tropical punch to the holiday party. It's easy to mix up and pairs X-Rated Fusion with tequila, pomegranate, and cranberry.
About X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by the manufacturer.