This yerba mate latte recipe uses whole milk and sugar for a rich texture and full flavor. Variations include vegan yerba mate lattes and honey yerba mate lattes.
- 5 ounces simmering water
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf yerba mate
- Sugar or vanilla sugar (to taste)
- Combine the simmering water and the whole milk.
- Place the yerba mate into an in-cup infuser. Place the infuser into a mug and slowly pour the liquid over it, allowing the liquid to seep in as you would when using a manual drip coffee filter.
- Brew for four to six minutes, depending on desired strength.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Stir with a spoon, or froth with a frother for a more latte-like texture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|