The great thing about using yogurt in your marinade is that its thickness holds the seasonings to the meat. This allows you to keep the marinade on even when it hits the grill. Try this yogurt marinade for shish kebabs.
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL yogurt (plain)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL parsley (fresh, chopped finely; or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL basil (fresh, chopped finely; or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL mustard (Dijon style)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL thyme (fresh, chopped finely; or 1 tablespoon/15 mL dried)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL tarragon (fresh, chopped finely; or 1 tablespoon/15 mL dried)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL vinegar (white)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days after preparation. It's a great marinade for lamb and shish kebabs. However, you can use this marinade on chicken and pork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|