This is a delicious sweetened cornbread made with yogurt instead of the classic buttermilk. Melted butter and maple syrup or honey add flavor to the cornbread. Serve this cornbread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the meal, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, butter, syrup or honey, and eggs. Combine the two mixtures and stir until blended. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|