|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These flavorful kebabs are seasoned with a combination of yogurt and spices. Yogurt is a great addition to any marinade because its slightly acidic nature helps to tenderize the meat while the thickness holds the herbs and spices in place, infusing the pork with delicious flavor. Serve these kebabs with warmed pitas and fresh salad.
Gather the ingredients.
Combine yogurt with onion, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, coriander, and black pepper in medium bowl.
Place pork pieces in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over pork. Make sure all pieces of pork are coated well.
Release air from the bag and seal well. Place pork in the refrigerator and let marinate for 4 to 12 hours.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Thread marinated pork pieces onto skewers, about 4 to 5 pieces on each depending on the length of skewer. Do not overcrowd.
Grill over a medium fire for about 25 to 30 minutes, turning often, or until pork has cooked through (reaching an internal temperature of 140 F/60 C).
Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes, covered, before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 10 minutes (before sliding on the pieces of pork) to avoid burning while on the grill.
- Position the empty part of the skewer to sit on the cooler side of the grill, so they are not too hot to the touch and difficult to remove later.
- Meal prep by mixing the marinade in the morning, adding the pork, and leaving in the fridge until it is time to grill.
- Add vegetables: Thread chunks of your favorite vegetables, such as zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes, on the skewer. Rather than marinating the vegetables in the yogurt mixture, toss the vegetables in olive oil and the same spices that are in the marinade.
- Swap proteins: This spiced yogurt marinade is great for lamb and chicken as well. Grill as kebabs, remove the meat from the skewers and serve with toasted pita, cucumber tomato salad with feta, rice pilaf, and tzatziki sauce.