Yogurt Tahini Lemon Sauce is a quick, flavorful condiment perfect with lamb dishes, simple salads, and rice pilafs. It's a real stand-out with Minted Lamb Meatballs or drizzled on a Fattoush Salad. I like to use whole milk yogurt in general, but particularly in sauces. Low-fat and nonfat versions tend to have stabilizers or thickeners, which can make the final texture of the sauce less than ideal.
It keeps, covered and chilled, for up to a week.
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons tahini (ground sesame paste)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice together until smooth. Getting the tahini and yogurt to a smooth state will require a bit of attention, so make sure to work them together.
- Add salt to taste, and pepper, if you like.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|