I am a co-author of the cookbook, Muy Bueno: Three Generations of Authentic Mexican Flavor, and the founder of the blog by the same name. I am also a co-author of the cocktail book, Latin Twist: Traditional and Modern Cocktails. I share plenty of home-style Mexican recipes served with a side of heartwarming family stories. I feel that food is one of the best ways to tie us to our past, our heritage, and memories. I'm a mother, wife, author, graphic designer, food blogger, YouTuber, and recipe developer in Denver, Colorado. I was raised in El Paso, Texas and draw culinary inspiration from my grandmother's old-world northern Mexican recipes and my mother's comforting south of the border home-style dishes.
I combined my passion for Mexican food with my graphic design talent to create MuyBuenoCookbook.com to catalog my family's recipes. Muy Bueno has received several online accolades, including:
- Finalist for Best Use of Video in 2014 by SAVEUR
- Finalist for Best Regional Cuisine Blog and Best Group Blog in 2012 by SAVEUR
- #69 Top 100 Food Bloggers of 2013 by Babble.com
- Best Food Blogs of 2013 by The Latin Kitchen
- Named Latina Blogger You Must Know in 2014 by Latina magazine
Besides my blog, I have also been featured in Latina magazine, People en Español, and the websites of NBC, The Pioneer Woman, SAVEUR, Siempre Mujer, and Gourmet, among others. I have also been on several radio and TV shows.