|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 2 Cups (8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Whip up a quick spread for appetizers or sandwiches using canned chicken, cream cheese, and ranch dressing. Feel free to substitute chopped rotisserie chicken or albacore tuna for the canned chicken as a change of pace.
- 3 ounces (small block) cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12.5 ounces) can chicken (drained, see Notes)
- 1/4 cup sweet onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper (minced; jarred are fine)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Dash kosher salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 to 3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced, for garnish)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Whisk together cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Dijon mustard until smooth.
- Mash chicken with a fork in a medium bowl until it is shredded. Add dressing mixture, sweet onion, roasted red peppers, and relish. Stir to combine. Taste and add salt, pepper, and liquid smoke, if using. Fold in chives. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to meld.
- Use as a spread on crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Notes: Feel free to substitute chopped rotisserie chicken or albacore tuna for the canned chicken.