- 3 ounces (small block) cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12.5 ounces) can chicken (drained, see Notes)
- 1/4 cup sweet onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper (minced; jarred are fine)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Dash kosher salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 to 3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced, for garnish)
Whisk together cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Dijon mustard until smooth.
Mash chicken with a fork in a medium bowl until it is shredded. Add dressing mixture, sweet onion, roasted red peppers, and relish. Stir to combine. Taste and add salt, pepper, and liquid smoke, if using. Fold in chives. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to meld.
Use as a spread on crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Notes: Feel free to substitute chopped rotisserie chicken or albacore tuna for the canned chicken.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|