These zucchini cookies are filled with shredded zucchini and walnuts. Add the lemon glaze of leave them unglazed. Or add some chocolate chips to the cookies and use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract instead of lemon zest.
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (9 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped; or pecans)
- For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream butter and granulated sugar; beat in egg and lemon peel or extract.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients, then mix in zucchini and walnuts. Drop on greased baking sheets; bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice to make the glaze.
- Glaze cooled cookies with the lemon glaze or your favorite glaze or icing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|