This delicious recipe is courtesy Lekha Menon. It's easy to cook and so tasty, we could eat it all by itself. You, of course, can choose to combine it with hot chapatis or rice and your favorite daal!
- 3 large zucchini
- 3 tbsp. bengal gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. carom seeds (ajwain, bishop's weed)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly and pat dry. Now cut into quarters lengthwise and then dice into 1" pieces.
- Put the cut zucchini into a large mixing bowl. Add the bengal gram flour, turmeric, cumin and red chili powders, salt to taste and mix well to coat all the zucchini pieces. Keep aside for later.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan on a medium flame, until hot.
- Add the cumin and ajwain seeds and cook till they stop spluttering. Now add the zucchini and mix well.
- Simmer the flame and cook until the bengal gram flour coating is cooked - it will look golden and give off a cooked aroma. Ideally, the zucchini will also be cooked by this time.
- Serve hot with chapatis or rice and your favorite daal!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||401,670 g|
|Saturated Fat||94,008 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22,254 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1,191,710 g|