This shaved zucchini salad includes plenty of mint and lemon, along with a drizzle of olive oil. The simplest ingredients brighten up the simplest of salads. This is a fantastic dish to put together quickly for your next party or picnic.
- 4 small or 3 medium zucchinis
- 3 to 4 sprigs of mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean zucchinis and pat them dry. Trim and slice and thinly and evenly as possible (a mandoline is handy here, but a sharp knife and a steady hand work just as well). Layer zucchini slices onto a serving platter.
- Take mint leaves off their stems and stack in a layer. Roll the leaves lengthwise into a cigarette shape and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
- Use a microplate or zester to zest the lemon over the zucchini. Once you have most of the zest, cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the zucchini.
- Drizzle zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Top the entire salad with the mint.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|