This top-rated recipe for zucchini parmesan recipe is easy to make and can easily serve yourself or your whole family! The sliced zucchini is baked with parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, tomatoes, and other fresh ingredients. Blow your friends away at the next pot-luck dinner with this zucchini parmesan dish.
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Scrub zucchini and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon basil, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss zucchini slices with the seasoned flour, coating slices thoroughly. Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Sauté zucchini slices in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain well and repeat until all zucchini is browned.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon basil, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place zucchini slices in baking dish. Top zucchini with tomato slices; spread sour cream mixture over tomatoes, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
More Zucchini Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|