These easy zucchini patties or fritters are flavored with Parmesan cheese and herbs. A small amount of mayonnaise goes into the batter as well. The batter is a snap to prepare, and they are cooked like pancakes. Serve these zucchini pancakes with some sour cream, salsa, or a savory spread like hummus.
- 1 1/2 cup grated raw zucchini
- 2 tablespoons minced onion or sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, fresh is best
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Press excess moisture out of grated zucchini between paper towels. Combine everything but the butter to make the batter; mix to blend thoroughly.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or saute pan.
- When the butter is hot and foaming, spoon batter (about 2 heaping tablespoons per patty) into skillet. Flatten lightly with a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until nicely browned on both sides. Serve plain or top with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|