These popular zucchini squares are always a hit. The quiche-like squares are a snap to prepare and bake. The recipe uses biscuit mix. The squares can be made with this biscuit baking mix substitute as well.
- 1 cup biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Dash garlic powder
- 4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups zucchini (thinly sliced, unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, oregano, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Whisk the vegetable oil into the eggs and then whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Fold in the sliced zucchini and finely chopped onion.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly and then cut into squares
- Serve Parmesan zucchini squares as an appetizer or side dish.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|