|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 15g|
|Vitamin C 48mg||242%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
For baseball fans, the playoff punch will bring a taste of the tropics into the postseason to cool things down when the games start heating up. It's a fun cocktail recipe that was created to celebrate the New York Yankees' World Series bid in 2009 (which they did win). No matter which team you're cheering on, it's a great choice and you don't even need a big game as an excuse to drink it!
This tropical punch originally featured Tommy Bahama Golden Sun and White Sand Rums. However, the pop culture brand has since gotten out of the rum business. Any white and dark rums will work perfectly with the recipe's concentration of pineapple and orange, so choose your favorite bottles. Adding the dark rum float is a fun spin that's very easy and gives the punch a mai tai-like feel.
While the recipe's designed for a single drink, this is a fun one to mix up for a party.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the white rum, orange liqueur, fruit juices, and grenadine.
Slowly float the dark rum on top.
Serve and enjoy.
- For the orange liqueur, premium triple sec or curaçao are excellent choices. Look for brands like Combier, Cointreau, and Senior's Curaçao, or a brand of similar quality.
- The lime juice can simply be the juice squeezed from half a lime. Exact measurements are not required.
- Add a little more grenadine if you'd like the drink sweeter. You could even add it to the glass before floating the dark rum to create a red layer at the bottom, similar to the tequila sunrise.
Transform this punch into an actual punch-sized drink for a party. Estimate how many servings you need then multiply that number by the amount for each ingredient. You can break the recipe down into parts to make it easier:
- Pour 1 part each of the white rum and pineapple and orange juices. Pour 1/2 part of orange liqueur, then divide that volume in half for the lime juice and add just a little extra. Add a little grenadine to sweeten it up to taste.
- It's probably best to skip the dark rum float unless you do it to the individual glasses; mix it into the punch at the same volume as the orange liqueur.